Sunday, May 30, 2010

Great Experience

I just move into this Ward and I introduce myself to the Bishop and the next thing I know, I've been assigned to give a talk. So today I gave a talk. The topic surprised me when asked, and it's the first time I've ever been asked to share my conversion story with the congregation, but it's given me the opportunity to reflect on the events that lead to my conversion.

Of course I prayed alot that I could deliver my talk with a calm heart, and my prayer was answered. Now of course I know my story by heart but I had to write some of it out so I wouldn't forget some details. It was a great experience for me.

My Ward is made up mostly seniors and young families. I'm so glad there are so many members my age and see things the way I do. I guess we have all gone through similar experiences which give us some wisdom and a better understanding of things. I love my Bishop already, he looks like a General Authority and he has a wonderful sense of humor. I think I'm gonna like my Ward, everyone is so friendly and kind.

I'm looking forward to this Tuesday, Theresa and I are going to the Bishop's Storehouse and do some service there, I think it'll be fun.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait till Tuesday too! I'm glad your talk went well I know that can be a heavy load!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Mom! It's always nice when the talk is over....ahhh relief! Glad you like your ward. They are lucky to have you! Got your card...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete