Saturday, October 16, 2010

I just love the experiences I have working at the Temple. Yesterday all the newly appointed Temple Presidents did at session at the Salt Lake Temple and I was able to be there when they all came down from the session. Couples from all over the world were there and I met one sister who will be serving with her husband in one of the Temples in Mexico, what a thrill for me. Elder Scott was there as well.

Tuesday when I was at the Library, a couple came in that were visiting from Mexico, and wanted to find out what we had on the lady's grandparents in Mexico. They were not members of the church and after getting to know her a little she told me her grandparents were members but not her mother and she said she had a nephew who was a member and had served a mission and was an active member. Oh, how the Lord works in mysterious ways. I told her there was a way she could even find her great grandparents through the Library Catalog and then Elder Moon came and showed us how to get some info online. That was facinating and the lady was astonished that we had so much to help her. We told her that she could also do some of the research at home on her own computer and showed them how to get on. Her husband was very interested. Then before leaving she asked if they could take a picture of us with them there at the Library so she could send to her nephew. We took the picture and I thought, isn't this the beginning of something great. I just love this work.

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome Mom! I'm so glad you are sharing these experiences with us. Now we just need some pictures here and there and MORE experiences....past and present! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat Mom! This is exactly what I had pictured for you when you moved to Utah. What a blessing all of this is for you in your retirement years. Please continue to write all of this down, and share this with us and so many others, it is testimony building for so many of us. Love you and yeah for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete